Friday, August 5, 2011

What to Let Go?




Don't Hold Me Back


What do I need to let go?  What blocks the muse from using me, from using my instrument?  Recently I have been playing a very fine instrument on loan to me from a friend.  I am finding that I require less effort to play this guitar.  The lightness of this instrument supports my sense of ease and uprightness in my body.  I realize in hindsight that I have been making certain accommodations to the guitar that I have been using which have limited my playing.

Do I let go of the old guitar?  Let go of the funds to buy this beautiful instrument that I have been dating, teased with a kiss, and am generally falling in love with?  Now the answer appears so obvious.  The same answer that surfaces again and again - to let go of  fear.  Always.  When to let go?  Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment