Thursday, February 19, 2015

Go Ask Alice






To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
 William Blake

What level of awareness and insight would this take?

I don't know Alice nor do I know where wonderland is so I have to learn to work within the confines of the mundane.  So I find my breath, sense my body and practice being in the moment.  When I can extend this to the guitar, magic happens.  Or is calling it magic, discounting the work involved?  Rather perhaps life is happening.  Tapped into the flow of energies guiding us, if only for brief instances for this guitarist provides the juice to keep practicing.  Again and again, night after night and practice after practice.

Every now and then I hear something in a note or a phrase and like Alice I know I'm growing.  What commitment to cultivating my awareness do I have?

 Photo by Mark Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment