Thursday, January 7, 2021

Looking Within

 

My thoughts roll in. Sometimes I observe them. Judgements of others often interfere with my ability to listen. Judgements of myself interfere with everything. Especially when playing guitar. If I lessened my judgements of others would I be easier on myself? Which of my thoughts are constructive and supportive of music coming into our world? How often does my thinking interfere with my playing? This is why it is so important to be present and attentive to my practice.


Focus today was primarily on the set for Monday. After an hour of practice I took a walk. During this time I was able to visualize Breaking Light and parts of Searching. More practice until a meeting at 11:30 to play the set for a guitarist friend and get feedback. Also listened to his pieces. A win-win.





No comments:

Post a Comment