Monday, December 28, 2009

The Clock is Ticking



 

Times Square Ball 2010



Time waits for no one. So what am I doing with my day, this moment, my life? I have dreams, aspirations, & projects. Am I working on what is important to me right now? My needs are met and then some, my dreams are known to me. Am I doing everything I can to pursue my dreams? Particularly the dream of being a musician. Something I wanted since childhood that was sidetracked by behaviors that did not serve that dream nor even the practical aspects of my life.  But then I put those behaviors behind me and began chasing my dreams. Today I have love in my life, great family, music, and hope.

I have enjoyed many hours practicing, listening, learning about music. Taking risks with other musicians to stretch my musical abilities and personal comfort. Bearing countless encounters with my inadequacies relating to performance. As the Guitar Craft aphorism states: Small incremental changes are transformative.  I know this is true through experience. As this year winds down, my years wind down am I doing all that I can to truly be Livin' the Dream?

Now back to practicing...

No comments:

Post a Comment