Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Place of Waiting


How do I wait?
With awareness.

Though
sometimes I am lost
bouncing about
within
body & mind?

Why do I wait?
To learn.

When do I wait?
Not often enough.

Ahh but when I do ...

Can I inhibit movement as an act of waiting?
Can I direct my thinking as a way of waiting?
Will I calm my heart?

Do I wait?
Or plunge?
Or both?

Maybe even plunge into waiting?

Why do I wait?
To find out where I am.
To listen to my thoughts.
Maybe even to listen to my speech.
To release the unnecessary and perform an act with ease.
To see.

When do I wait?
When I remember.

How do I remember?
Practice
By reflecting on the fruits of waiting.
Practice
With the help of others.
From the guidance of a tradition.
Practice
Practice
By finding myself in a jam and waking.

Quiet.
_ _ _

 Retreat.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Where do I wait?
Inside 
My
Thinking
Body
Heart.

Who waits?

_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment