Sunday, January 16, 2011

Probing

.
.
.


The Sunset Tree
A laughter filled day with family, shooting hoops, swimming, and just enjoying one another's company.  Home late, but still I need to connect with my guitar, with music.  Beginning with the theme I discovered on Friday evening, I found yet another twist within these simple chords.  Fascinated I probe the cell that has been given me, to see where the music would like to go.  Hidden from me, I continue to investigate what I have, trusting that when the time is right, the music will flow.

How to realize what is available to me in this particular beginning?  Imagination, desire, presence, commitment and patience.  When the right state is attained, the music simply emerges.  Developing the proper frame of mind, body, and spirit regularly allows this to be possible.  In a sense this can be practiced.  But that initial creative whisper of notes is surely a gift.  Ever grateful for this gift, I bring to bear what I am able, sometimes even a bit more.  And then I probe, practice, investigate, and wait.

The wait must be active; learning, listening, and encouraging the sense of wonder. I am feeding the creative spirit, while nurturing the musician. What can I do today to move this process of being forward?
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment