Friday, March 12, 2010

Oblique Strategy for 3.12.10

This Oblique Strategy presented itself to me this evening - "Trust in the you of now." With that even though the hour was late and I was tired I was off to the basement. Good practice session, begun with  four improvisations. The quality of these appeared to decline as I began thinking too much. Judging my playing is probably a better characterization of the decline. 


There is that fine line of being honest and harsh that can dampen my pursuits at any given moment. Moved onto looking at some pieces, focusing on the Alexander Technique primary directions while playing. Was able to maintain a level of relaxation that was useful and most likely propelled me for a longer session than my tired body would have allowed otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment