Friday, April 9, 2010

Are you Ready?

                      http://musicfromthefilm.blogspot.com/
More and more I find myself very tired on Fridays. My professional work continuing to take more of my energy, taking longer to rebound. This evening I am heading out at 8 pm with a friend. At 6:45 pm my wife, knowing this asked me "Are you ready to practice?" My reply was " No, but that has never stopped me before."

I closed my laptop and moved to the guitar. Commitment to a practice I love generates an energy of it's own over time. One that draws me when I'd rather withdraw, one that sustains me when I have no desire. But I must open the case and bring the guitar to the body for this to be possible. Regularly with all the attention I can muster, then on these low energy nights something is possible.

What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment