Saturday, March 10, 2012

Use of the Heart

35/365


At one point while playing this evening,  I found myself leaning into my guitar rather than allowing the guitar to come to my body.  In this slight motion I had a sense of my heart grasping the guitar.  Sounded poetic in the moment and my thinking continued well all achievement comes from a striving within the heart and soul of us.  But then, I recalled the old adage " If you love something, let it go."

Yes this seems to be the use of the heart in my pursuit of music.  Loving, letting go of expectations, outcomes,  and desire.  Then, just maybe I'll arrive in the present moment, guitar in hand and music flowing.  Just maybe awareness will spread and another be affected.  There is only one way to find out - let go ...  And then when I find I am holding on again - let go.  Again and again for an eternity or maybe for just now.

Are you letting go?

No comments:

Post a Comment