Saturday, March 25, 2017

Crafting a Musician





 



On this the day that Guitar Craft and Guitar Circles arose and now completes, I am grateful.  The people, practices and principles that informed our work together are alive and always will be.  The question remains - will I study, apply and bring them to life?

Since 1989, Guitar Craft has been an adventure of facing fear, developing fundamentals and having fun with people who have become very dear to me.  Music always whispering, though I was not always listening; frequently I was unable to hear even when I was listening.  Slowly the craft worked on me; even slower I responded.  Music is a benevolent  presence.  One I have always known, yet was afraid to embrace.  The right people, causes and conditions arose to show me the way, and I am certain something right will arise in the form necessary for our times.

To everyone who ever offered a supportive ear, heart or hand I thank you. 

I am complete in my incompleteness.   

And hope remains.



No comments:

Post a Comment