Monday, November 9, 2009
Musicians need to listen. Actually everyone needs to listen. The world is getting louder all the time. So tune in and listen:
- to yourself while playing.
- to others you are playing with
- to your muse. For this I need silence.
- to your body (if I did this faithfully I never would have had tendonitis nor would I be so tired right now.
- to yourself while playing via a recorder and then listen to this. Now what do you hear? Do this in a positive constructive manner.
- to your loved ones, the world will be a better place.
- to those you dislike, they have a lesson for you also.
- to learn period!
- to the messages you tell yourself.
- to the birds and the insects, the oceans and streams, the stars and children.
And listen to what you say to others, please listen.