Friday, June 18, 2010

Why Practice


                                 Photo by Dionne Hartnett
This morning after a thoroughly delightful beginning to my day I was ready to take my guitar from the case. As I often do I was doing gentle Qi Gong movements to stretch my hands and to allow my energy to move. Many times I remind myself why I am about to practice. Today I found myself replying to this question of Why am I practicing with these words.

- To bring glory to the creative spirit.
- To harmonize myself.
- To prepare a gift for others.

3 comments:

  1. - because my will is aligned with the cosmic Will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored that you chose one of my pieces for your blog! It's actually made by hand (I don't think I owned a digital camera yet!) and I took pictures of some of my favorite collages. This was one. :) I can't wait to listen to some of your music...
    ;) dionne.

    ReplyDelete