Thursday, July 28, 2011

Making Bricks



Gender Bender Bricks



One of my favorite of Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies is "Not building a wall, making a brick."  Something working class about this that I like.  One small effort that is mobile in a sense.  A brick can be used in many ways, even unrelated to "a wall."  Besides a wall requires a plan, and at times that plan eludes me.  Then this craftsman works on making a brick.

Tonight's brick was to find five chords in C hijaz that are built on fourths.  The works is done.  I still can not hear them in my mind's ear, but I will.  Would also be nice if I could name them.  C'est la vie.  For now I can let them rest in the brain and continue working on a new brick tomorrow.

                   
                                     Completed Walls




No comments:

Post a Comment