Monday, January 30, 2012

Clouds Never Die

Stairs


Last night I ended my practice with learning the first section of a sketch I made based on the Haiku form earlier this month.  Tonight this was where I began my practice.  After learning the first section, I began working on the transitions in the B section.  A thought arose of extending the A section, I played with this and was happy with the results.  I gave this piece a working title of "Clouds Never Die."

After completing my session, I enjoyed the company of my wife.  As I was preparing to go to bed, I reviewed the A section in my mind.  I'm still not familiar enough with the B section to hear it without playing.  While making notes in my journal, I reviewed the A section again.  The thought arose to return to the A section after B completes and to invert the second chord of the phrase.  Then just follow, allow, and float on the air of ambiguity.  Now I know how I'll begin tomorrows session.

How will you begin yours?


Photo by Petrov Escarião

2 comments:

  1. "Then just follow, allow, and float on the air of ambiguity." ahhhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that you liked that line Lynn. When it came to me, I knew instantly it fit. Being open to the possible, keeps one from merely returning to the tried and true.

    ReplyDelete