Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The First Note

What will be the first note I play this year?  Perhaps more importantly, how will I play this first note of the year?  Will I be present with the note?  Will I be awake, alive, and making a choice - subsequently ensuring that the note is real?   Fortunately I have a path of practice, a way of returning to the present and being with an activity that makes this possible.

So with no sense of rushing nor urgency, I'll first work on my nails, then myself. Then I'll open the case with intention, care and love.  Extending this to the steps of putting on the guitar, tuning, and then making a choice.  Why do I want it to be an Eb I wonder? 

What will be your first note of the year?  How will you play it? 

1 comment:

  1. Intention. Care. And Love. SO Patrick. Thank you for the Sam's birthday greeting. He's flown the nest! Woo hoo for them!!!

    ReplyDelete