Thursday, July 8, 2010

Under Construction

     
              Build the castle of your mind - The Dhammapada



                                        Photo by RichardO



The wandering of the mind may be my biggest obstacle while playing guitar. On one level this is obvious,the monkey mind is not just an issue with playing guitar but with all aspects of life. The moment when I see the mind has wandered is key. Can I allow the thought(s) to fade or to replace them with constructive thoughts related to the process I am undertaking? Can I connect with my breathe or with my body?

The Dhammapada goes on to state:

               Your worst enemy cannot harm you
               As much as your own thoughts,
                     unguarded.

               But once mastered,
               No one can help you as much ...

No comments:

Post a Comment