Friday, July 23, 2010

Alive Two



                                        Photo by mauspray

The second performance of the four night live recording project is complete. Two very supportive small audiences that also wish for music to come alive. Overall tonight my playing felt better, though the tape holds the answer. We did one improvisation, where  I invited the audience to play with temple bells and then improvised over/under this. We all had fun with this.

I decided to revise the set list for tomorrow night. Change the energy flow a bit and perhaps get the rushed tempo in Dandelion Wish down to where I can play the piece. Very animated conversation after the set with some dear friends. The creative spirit speaks in so many ways.

I am finding it interesting to have gigs on successive nights. Tony and Joann have been an amazing support team. Don't leave home without them!

Of course I need to change my strings again tomorrow, and pick up batteries, and stay out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment