Friday, October 16, 2020

A Question of Ease



Last night I participated in an Alexander Technique workshop given by my dear friend, guitarist and AT teacher Peter Legowski. 


The question we were working with is “*Where else might I be a bit easy*?”


Let go of letting go of tension.  Rather nourish and cultivate ease & freedom. Simple though not easy.


I began my guitar practice session going through Peter's recommended cycle.  I found my practice today to be full of questions.


When might I play with joy?


How simply can I break this line down to find ease in playing it?


Where is the wonder?


Where is my energy centered while learning?


How did this mistake become so insistingly ingrained?

How might I replace it?


What is/are the questions I need to further my development?


Photo by Kevin Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment