Working on Exiled this morning I found myself rushing, which means my fingers are not learning how to play the piece but how to play mistakes. Out came the metronome to establish the tempo of actual execution which helped. Especially when I slowed it down more. As I continued practicing I was able to begin playing with the dynamics and was getting a overall feel for this section of the piece. After a break I noticed that one of the transitions was not working. When I was entering the notes into my scoring program I had gotten clever. While it sounded ok, as I played this it become obvious to me that I had disrupted the form too soon.
Experimenting I reverted to my original idea for these couple of bars. With more practice I realized I need to extend another idea a bit further. Good, solid and necessary work. Easier to change the score in the Guitar Pro software then to have to rewrite it by hand.