Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Naked

The Fall of Icarus, by Sebastian Seiffert


 Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.   Steve Jobs

Performing solo guitar is about as naked as I could ever get in public.  Becoming comfortable performing solo, hell performing music period, has taken me a long time.  This learning about myself, those around me, and the act of music has enriched me beyond measure.  Now I sense the need to spread my wings and soar.  While I am not sure how this will evolve, I am certain that a personal stretch and greater connection with listeners is in order.  So be it.

Thanks to Seth Godin and the Icarus Sessions for urging me to search and clarify. 

1 comment:

  1. When you are ready to play for others, the listeners will come. I find it helpful to think of practice and performance as one thing instead of two... Enjoy your flight!

    ReplyDelete