Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Desire Deficiency

Long but productive day professionally and for the family. Too tired to now practice, yet I will practice. Why? This is the life I choose - I am a musician.


45 minutes later.

After a long lie down, I began by listening while warming up. Then into a slow look at the new piece. I am becoming convinced that beginning my practice session with a lie down is a very productive way to begin. My body is relaxed when I begin, mind calm, and I can notice more often when I am tightening. Now I am ready to return to practice. Amazing how just an intention and a small effort can transform my desire.

And then an hour later.

Played through the new piece again and then worked on one section of it. Played through Gathered Hearts. And then moved on to learning from tape and notating a piece that came out in July. Learning by ear is challenging for me but rewarding when accomplished. Made a major dent towards completing the notation. Off to read and relax before bed.

Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for also practicing on a very difficult day. You are a true artist, my love.

    ReplyDelete