Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Change

Change one small part and the whole is changed.  
Guitar Craft Aphorism

I experienced a vivid example of this aphorism as I practiced Qi Gong this morning.  While practicing outside on a cool spring morning, I noticed that my legs were tight.  I began working with the 12 Daoist Postures which do not directly stretch the legs.  After about 10 to 12 minutes of practice I noticed my legs were much freer.  The focus of the 12 postures are to free the spine or Heavenly Column as it is referred to in Mandarin Qi Gong circles.  The postures work directly with the spine and upper torso, but as freedom is found anywhere within the whole, the whole is changed.

Wonderful to have concise words to describe an experience, but even more wonder filled to have the experience.  Keep practicing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment