Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Freedom in the Hands

Latent content 


The hands - so important to a guitarist, any instrumentalist; actually to any human being.  I'm just home from a Qi Gong class where tonight my hands came alive more and more as I was able to release my arms and allow my waist to drive there motion.  In some other exercises in Qi Gong I can allow this freedom, and tonight in the form we are studying there they went, just following the laws of physics.

Watching Master Li and following his grace filled movements.  Slowly my energy channels opening and the Qi flowing.  Remembering that how we do one thing is how we do everything.  Now time to apply these hands and these principles to the guitar.  There is a question formulating within me about this, that I think will not arrive without a guitar in hand. 




Photo by Neve in My Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment