Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Doors Between





In the universe, there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors. ~ William Blake (1757-1827)


Sometimes I must ask, where are those doors Mr. Blake? Where is the path leading to the door?  What does it take to open a door?  To walk through?

Each day I must begin again.  Step out onto the path of life journeying through well used known doors; unknown doors and perhaps the trickiest ones - the doors I do not see.  Thus I sit and do nothing to begin the journey of the new day.  Cultivating awareness that I know I will be distracted from, yet without the cultivation process where would I be?  Thrown up against a door I am not interested in?  Pushed through an unwanted door once again by habit & misguided desires?  Splintering the door of peace by bashing my mind against another?

Yes do nothing.  Ask the Universe for guidance and direction.  Pause, asking again, as often as I remember.  I am grateful for those who remind of the path, that remind me of the doors, that point the way.  I recall a line from a poem I wrote years ago - Where is the door which shelters silence?

Photo by Darwin Bell



No comments:

Post a Comment