Friday, January 2, 2015

Wherein lies the balance?

Dissonance.

Consonance.

Wherein lies the balance?

When dissonance overwhelms, sometimes one must retreat.  When silence is elusive, music is one bridge back.  The voices of the past can heal the present, providing connection and hope to traditions of the ancestors, to the unknown power.  Providing connection to what is. 

Years ago,  a person  very dear to me gave me a copy of Angus Dei,  collection of choral music from the Mass.  A connection to my ancestor's search for meaning in life.  At this time of the year when the loss of the members of my immediate family sometimes becomes acute, I need to hear these voices soaring in praise of God, inspiring hope and peace in the here and now.

Photo by Procsilas Moscas


No comments:

Post a Comment